From working as a local business consultant in Coventry, I’ve noticed two things that are at odds with each other. Nearly every business owner I talk to is disappointed with the return on investment for their website, but at the mention of the word web design, their eyes glaze over.
It’s interesting but concerning to here people comment, “I haven’t had one lead from that website”. Do web designers tend to lead their prospects down a “happy path” in order to turn over enough sites to make a living? Should business owners take more of an interest in finding out and implementing strategies that convert traffic into sales leads.
My mission is find the best practices that generate profitable sales leads and to help clients implement them.
A good place to start is by looking at the design features and strategies for online companies that do convert their traffic sources.
What The Highest Converting Websites Do Differently
Did you know that companies that take on a structured approach towards conversion optimization are twice as likely to see a large increase in sales?
Given this, you’d think more companies would test and run experiments. Yet 61% of companies do less than 5 tests per month.
My gut tells me the reason for this is MOST companies are too caught up in the “business as usual syndrome”, and they rarely take a second to stop and think about really focusing on conversion optimization.
In this post we’re going to go over what the highest converting websites do differently. But before we get into the details, we want to highlight a few points to get you thinking first:
- You have 0-8 seconds to make a compelling headline and landing page. After 8 seconds, the majority of visitors leave.
- Approximately 96% of visitors that come to your website are not ready to buy.
- The more landing pages you have, the more leads you are likely to get.
- Product videos can increase purchases of the product by 144%.
- A 1 second delay in your site speed can result in a 7% reduction in conversions.
- A/B testing is becoming the preferred method that has brought a lot of the companies the most success.
The article above written by Zach Bulygo & Sean Work and published on the KISSmetrics blog site.
Click here to read the full post on what converting websites do
The opportunities to improve a website’s ROI by implementing web design changes and altering copy are clear. Now lets see how easy it is to make those changes.